Statewides range of aids for eating and drinking, Food Preperation and Kitchen Aids have been designed to make this a more pleasurable and efficient experience.
• Plates with special guards or a built up rim prevent food sliding off and helps push food onto the utensil. Ideal for people with partial/no vision, stroke patients,
cerebral palsy and so on.
• Cutlery with built up and contoured handles, are helpful if a patients grip is weak or limited due to arthritis, a stroke or RSI.
• Non slip mats, keep plates and cups from sliding when eating and drinking.
• Cups and mugs with specially designed handles for patients with grasping and holding problems.
• Non slip mats are ideal to assist in food preparation, particularly for those with reduced arm strength or those with the use of one arm only.
• Specialised utensils with ergonomically designed handles to reduce stress and strain on wrists and hands are ideal for people with RSI or arthritis.
• There are aids specifically designed to assist with turning and opening objects such as cans, bottles and jars. Key turners for locks and grips for turning door knobs easily. And
specially designed aids for gripping onto and turning taps on and off suitable for various style taps around the home.