EquaGel Adjustable Cushions
Includes two different pelvic contour inserts that can increase the amount of therapeutic gel under the pelvis. The top layer is a thin gel wall and a tight grid for a comfort layer. The bottom layer is a thicker gel wall and wider grid for deep support.
Product hire enquiry
Weekly Hire Rate: $15.000000
To hire this product submit a request below and we’ll reply to you shortly with confirmation of the dates and a quote for your requested hire period.
Pressure relieving EquaGel Medical Cushions are made from a durable patented column-buckling gel technology. When the body load is spread the Equagel cushion provides a reduced amount of contact area whilst permitting increased circulation which assists with the dispelling of heat and moisture.
Patients with poor mobility, hydration, nutrition and/or circulation will benefit from EquaGel seat cushions. Wheelchair pressure relief cushions contribute to patient comfort and overall outcomes. As the EquaGel is not inflatable it does not require adjustment and/or ongoing maintenance
EquaGel™ is a dry-polymer gel, almost rubbery to the touch. It has unbelievable tensile and compression strength and incredible durability, but these are not what make EquaGel™ special.
- Its most amazing feature is the column buckling. Simply put, column buckling refers to the way EquaGel™ behaves under weight. Each wall of gel is capable of supporting only a light load. When that threshold is exceeded, the wall of gel buckles into the hollow area between walls and passes the weight to the surrounding walls for support.
- This “buckling and weight-passing” happens instantly and repeatedly until the maximum surface area of pressing weight is evenly supported by largely equalised pressure (hence our name, EquaPressure).
- The peak pressure points of the ischial tuberosities and the coccyx/sacrum buckle into the EquaGel™ feeling almost as if they are free floating within the cushion while the thighs and buttock of the user are supported.
- Each cushion also utilises a two-stage buckling approach. The top of the cushion has a small grid of gel that is extra sensitive to pressure needs. This is the comfort layer. This top layer buckles easily and allows the parts of a user that need support to sink into the lower layer (the support layer) while holding the rest of the user up in good posture.
- Some of our cushions also feature a pelvic contour. This gentle contouring mimics the natural sitting shape and further distributes pressure away from sensitive areas.