For use with open-back chairs or wheelchairs. Designed for people who can sit unassisted once positioned, this slide makes light work of correct positioning into the back of a chair. Saves time, manpower, and injury risk.
The Positioning Slide is cushioned for comfort, with handles strategically placed for use by the carer in a variety of circumstances, in both personal and institutional settings. It is used for transfers from one surface to another in conjunction with a suitable transfer board or for correct positioning into the back of a chair.
The Positioning Slide enables carers to easily position someone in the back of a chair with an open back using the strength of their legs, not arms. It is used when the person is not at risk of sliding forward and doesn't need continuous repositioning. (Otherwise use our One Way Slide).
It is particularly useful for correctly positioning people on pressure cushions; seating the elderly at dining tables, or repositioning people with a disability on their wheelchairs in a daycare center after toileting.
- Fold the Positioning Slide with the majority out the back.
- Seat patients on it leaning slightly forward, their feet on the ground or on footplates.
(If they have challenging behavior a second carer will support them from the front.)
- With the carer's foot on the handle press down.
(The patient will slide to the rear of the chair until their back comes in contact.)
- Continue pushing down with the leg, then pull the lower layer to remove.
- Wash at a maximum of 60 degrees
- Do not use fabric softener or chlorine