Aspire Rehab RS Classic
The Rehab RS Classic Tilt-in-space Wheelchair is designed for a user who has limited ability to reposition themselves in a device and as a result, is at risk of pressure injuries.
- Sophisticated Comfort - Multi-stretch fabric on seat and back pillows are covered PU breathable
- Easy to Clean
- Highly Adjustable - The broad range of adjustable characteristics meet many clinical needs and are designed for convenience and support.
This Tilt-In-Space (TIS) wheelchair encourages enhanced assistance and better positioning. This makes it possible for caregivers to place the user for optimum convenience. Adjustable, elevating leg rests enable the precise positioning of the legs.
A tilt-in-space wheelchair is designed to provide enhanced comfort and functionality for individuals.It differs from a standard wheelchair in that it allows the user to change the angle of the seat and backrest while maintaining a fixed position in space.
The tilting feature offers several benefits:
Tilt-in-space wheelchairs are particularly useful for individuals who spend extended periods in their wheelchairs. By tilting the seat and backrest, the pressure on specific areas of the body, such as the buttocks and lower back, is redistributed. This helps to prevent pressure sores and discomfort that can result from prolonged sitting.
These wheelchairs offer excellent postural support, allowing the user to find a comfortable and ergonomic seating position. This is especially important for individuals with postural issues or orthopedic conditions.
Improved Circulation and Respiration:
Tilting the wheelchair can also aid in improving blood circulation and respiratory function. Changing the angle of the seat and backrest can facilitate lung expansion and promote better ventilation. This can be beneficial for individuals with respiratory conditions or those at risk of developing respiratory issues due to their seated position.
Tilt-in-space wheelchairs are designed to enhance user comfort. The ability to change positions and relieve pressure points can significantly reduce discomfort and pain associated with sitting in a wheelchair for extended periods.
Tilting wheelchairs can make caregiving tasks easier. Caregivers can adjust the tilt to assist with tasks such as transfers, hygiene, and repositioning the user without straining their own backs.
It's important to note that the clinical benefits of tilt-in-space wheelchairs may vary depending on the specific needs and medical conditions of the individual user. Wheelchair prescription and customization should be performed by healthcare professionals to ensure that the wheelchair meets the user's unique requirements and contributes to their overall health and well-being.
Multi-stretch-covered PU breathable fabric on seat and back pillows ensures optimum skin micro-climate, and comfort and improves the results of pressure care.
- Tilt (26 degree ) and backrest recline (30 degree) facilitate weight re-distribution and the preservation of skin integrity. It also optimizes user comfort, decreases user fatigue, and assists with head control
- Adjustable seat depth and width
- Height adjustable and removable armrests
- Adjustable headrest
- Heavy duty, padded, elevating leg rests (std)
Care for your wheelchair
- The seat and backrest cushions can be removed for cleaning. The breathable PU cover can be wiped with a wet sponge and is compatible with Tuffie Wipes provided it is then wiped down with a damp cloth afterward. All other components can be cleaned with a damp cloth
- Brakes should be checked regularly or at least weekly
- Check the condition of tires at least twice per month
- Check that the rear wheel spoke is not loose. Loose wheel spokes can reduce the strength of the rims and must be safely adjusted by a qualified technician
- Always keep rear wheel quick-release axles clean and free from dirt and hair build-up
- Crash tested: to AS/NZ3616.196
- Maximum user weight: 180kg